The School Council establishes the broad direction and vision of the school. School Council sets school policies, which are implemented by the Principal and staff. Council is comprised of parents, staff and community members, who work together to ensure the smooth operation and ongoing development of the school. The Council has a number of sub-committees to oversee specific areas of the school’s operation.
School Council Activities
- Develop and monitor the school’s Strategic Plan
- Develop, monitor and evaluate Student Engagement Policy (incorporating values and philosophy; rights and responsibilities; attendance and positive behaviours; actions and consequences)
- Develop and review policies, goals and priorities
- Approve and monitor annual school budget, including fundraising activities
- Maintaining and improving school facilities and grounds
- Promoting and representing school in wider community
Being a councillor is a rewarding and fulfilling experience. It provides an opportunity to directly influence policies and school operation that relate to your child’s education and experiences at Donvale Primary School. Councillors draw on their personal and business skills to benefit the school. Councillors are elected for a two year term, with half of the Council positions vacated each year.
The positions for 2019 School Council were elected as follows.
President: Craig Cowley
Deputy President: George Condos
Treasurer: Louise Egan
Secretary: Sarah Rubython
Lena Clark – Executive Officer
Community Member: Sharon Breeland-Clencie
Sub committee Members:
- Finance (Lena Clark - Leader) - Ian McKinlay, Sandy Bryant, Craig Cowley, Louise Egan, Chee Leong
- Education - (Ian McKinlay – Leader) - Lena Clark, Chelsea Wernert, Sarah Rubython, Sharon Breeland-Clencie
- Buildings and Grounds - (Craig Cowley – Leader) Lena Clark, Ian McKinlay, Peter Reiter, George Condos, Naris Gerald
Who is on School Council?
- Parent members
- DET employee members
- Community members