The School Council establishes the broad direction and vision of the school. School Council sets school policies, which are implemented by the Principal and staff. Council is comprised of parents, staff and community members, who work together to ensure the smooth operation and ongoing development of the school. The Council has a number of sub-committees to oversee specific areas of the school’s operation.
School Council Activities
- Develop and monitor the school’s Strategic Plan
- Develop, monitor and evaluate Student Engagement Policy (incorporating values and philosophy; rights and responsibilities; attendance and positive behaviours; actions and consequences)
- Develop and review policies, goals and priorities
- Approve and monitor annual school budget, including fundraising activities
- Maintaining and improving school facilities and grounds
- Promoting and representing school in wider community
Being a councillor is a rewarding and fulfilling experience. It provides an opportunity to directly influence policies and school operation that relate to your child’s education and experiences at Donvale Primary School. Councillors draw on their personal and business skills to benefit the school. Councillors are elected for a two year term, with half of the Council positions vacated each year.
The positions for 2015 School Council were elected as follows.
President: Evan Raftopoulos
Deputy President: George Condos
Treasurer: Elisabeth Waycott
Secretary: Marina Younger
Lena Clark – Executive Officer
Team Leader of sub committees:
- Finance – Elisabeth Waycott
- Education – Lena Clark
- Marketing - George Condos
- Parents Association – Marina Younger
Who is on School Council?
- Parent members
- DET employee members
- Community members